Originally Posted by Samango
Merge have just had a major software update and now many of us are experiencing minor problems with their software.
I'm not sure why you would see this as something you need to personally address.
You could inform the site in question of the problems you are having but I'm pretty sure that many people will have already done so.
They keep releasing minor updates to rectify the teething problems and I am quite sure a fix will be provided in due course.
Originally Posted by Ezekiel162
I'll personally address it as it relates to my main machine because the client works on one machine and not the other. Maybe there's something the client is not compatible with until they make updates... Make sense?
Samango... This one's for you chief... Problem personally
addressed... I fixed my
issue completely from my
Checked the errors I was getting and ran a few simple tools against both machines and found that the jscript.dll
files within the windows\system32
folders were different. On the computer that worked, the dll file was newer. It may have came from some sort of recent install with another program that I wasn't aware of or maybe some unforseen windows update itself... who knows...
Copied the newer jscript.dll file to machine with merge errors and I've been playing Carbon + HUD the last few hours to test (before posting to any that this might help) w/o any errors or lag
whatsoever. The old jscript.dll was v23141 and the newer dll is v23259.
To copy over jscript.dll though, I had to shut down the machine and go through dos(safe mode might work tho'... idk) because of it being a system file, it has got to be copied to the windows\system32 folder and the windows\system32 \dllcache folder
because if not, the machine will just replace the copied file with the original version...
Had I waited for Carbon to rectify the problem... how did you phrase it? "like everybody else", Samango, they wouldn't have been able to because when they did the update it may/may not have been apparent that everyone might not have exactly the same dlls that seems to be needed to run the new update... They can fix their client, but not my machine if they're no longer compatible. The dlls are the exact same size just different versions(and obv slightly diff coding...) and would explain why the client crashes randomly for diff people...
I hope this can help someone... If not, I tried anyway... It worked for me beautifully(got rid of the jet runtime errors, out of memory errors and random client crashes...) May still be other problems, but this helped me with at least some/most of them...