Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Home early the other day & thought since we have a Free Roll on Carbon Poker I might as well download the site & check it out.
Kinda liked the look of the place but at my table there were 3 guys from Romania speaking in what I can only assume was their native language. Another player from the U.S. asked them to please speak English, to which one of them replied, in English :D no. They then proceeded to continue to speak in whatever language until I busted out & left.
I emailed support & asked them what their policy & procedures were concerning this.
Their response; While we encourage all players to use English at the tables, we have no way of enforcing this, our suggestion, should you suspect collusion is to have the game viewed by a translator & if collusion is in fact occurring contact us.
Fortunately for me, living in the Midwest U.S. I can hardly walk out my door without tripping over a Romanian translator,:D unfortunately I had given all my translators the weekend off:eek: bit of the old, no good deed going unpunished what, but in any case employing a full time translator seems a bit much for playing Free Rolls.
Anyhoo, guess I will forgo depositing on Carbon Poker. I may be a bit paranoid but, I have enough trouble hanging on to my money just sitting with the English speaking folks I normally deal with. Any thoughts?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not to mention that horrid Englishman who flopped a full house against you :D

The cash tables in fact are pretty quiet of any language apart from the odd 'nh' and 'ty' etc.

Nice and soft too :D

BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ма шта ми наприча !? :D

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the response you got Kenz, sounds to me they allow foreign languages on their site, although you never got a st8 answer about that.

If they do allow it then I guess the romanians are in they're rights to speak it. Most sites don't allow anything except english at the tables and they would get a warning from the site, if reported.

I like the software at Carbon, and mainly ignore chat anyhow, I still think it would be hard to collude right in the chat box as they don't know if you or anyone else at the table can understand that language.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kenzie sounds a little paranoid. I mean look at his avatar! That's a picure of a paranoid individual!

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Home early the other day & thought since we have a Free Roll on Carbon Poker I might as well download the site & check it out.
Kinda liked the look of the place but at my table there were 3 guys from Romania speaking in what I can only assume was their native language. Another player from the U.S. asked them to please speak English, to which one of them replied, in English :D no. They then proceeded to continue to speak in whatever language until I busted out & left.
I emailed support & asked them what their policy & procedures were concerning this.
Their response; While we encourage all players to use English at the tables, we have no way of enforcing this, our suggestion, should you suspect collusion is to have the game viewed by a translator & if collusion is in fact occurring contact us.
Fortunately for me, living in the Midwest U.S. I can hardly walk out my door without tripping over a Romanian translator,:D unfortunately I had given all my translators the weekend off:eek: bit of the old, no good deed going unpunished what, but in any case employing a full time translator seems a bit much for playing Free Rolls.
Anyhoo, guess I will forgo depositing on Carbon Poker. I may be a bit paranoid but, I have enough trouble hanging on to my money just sitting with the English speaking folks I normally deal with. Any thoughts?
One thought, Thanks Kenzie, you saved me the time to download carbon,, if its a site where Anything Goes, then it cant be too good of a place to play,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck:)

BillyTheBull

BillyTheBull

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Carbon is definitely NOT on the highest rung in terms of customer service in my book; add to that the fact that it's usually hard to find any cash game except $10NL or $25NL (and more recently also $100NL with their new - but relatively expensive - "Bad Beat" tables) and it's just not one of the better places to play online poker. I deposited in late January to take advantage of their 200% deposit bonus, but after about 4 months of fairly regular play I've still only released $300 of my (total $1000) bonus. On a positive note, however, I've been able to turn my initial $500 Carbon bankroll into just over $2500, so I think I can now happily withdraw my funds without shedding a tear about "losing" the remainder of my potential bonus (which has no time limit, but disappears once you make a withdrawal).

In fairness, though, I have to say that Carbon Poker has some nice perks for frequent players, such as daily $1K freerolls, weekly $2K and $10K freerolls, and even a monthly $50K freeroll, and they've been running different promos on a monthly basis where frequent players can make some extra bonus dollars (although you REALLY have to read the fine print for those . . . see one of my other recent posts on that subject).

Anyway, I'm ready to take my money back to pokerstars for now . . . I just hope everything goes well with my withdrawal. . . .

DazzaH2

DazzaH2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Switch chat off if it offends u that much! (E-mail support....WTF!)
Grow up (go E-Mail support about this)

YourAnIdiot.jpg

BillyTheBull

BillyTheBull

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Switch chat off if it offends u that much! (E-mail support....WTF!)
Grow up (go E-Mail support about this)
It's not about being offended, it's about possible collusion taking place, and keeping the game fair for everybody. That said, don't read my posts if they offend you so much, and please at least use correct grammar when you put pointless, (presumably?) funny pictures in your posts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DazzaH2

DazzaH2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i'm sorry,I overreacted,I apologize

K

klucian2222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey there

u are a bit paranoia . im from romania and if i meet romanian at ,my tables and speak romanian that doesn mean that im a cheater . and if they were collusion like i supposed they wouldnt spoker so much on the chat they woulda prefered a messager dont u think ?

pkrplr4116

pkrplr4116

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You make an excellent point about that. Instant messaging is so less obvious; I agree with klucian; surely most people aren't as stupid as colluding AT the table. Sounds like the voice of reason to me.

u are a bit paranoia . im from romania and if i meet romanian at ,my tables and speak romanian that doesn mean that im a cheater . and if they were collusion like i supposed they wouldnt spoker so much on the chat they woulda prefered a messager dont u think ?

D

DEVILRAISE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
look man just play the freerolls and be happy. your not missing much. Carbon is very limited. Can't see your avatars very good, cant change table layouts, almost no good info or options, even the games are listed on notebook paper. Haha! play backgammon on there for cash, you can set your own stakes, an option I would like to see on any poker site.

cerberi

cerberi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been playing carbon from the start and allthough they dont match up to the bigger sites they are trying to improve with every upgrade and in time hopefully they will come up to scratch.

D

DaRealViRuS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, unfortunately there play so many romanians, sometimes i was sitting with 6 or more of them at a table. seems like carbon doesn't care about their language.
i do not switch chat off, too dangerous. but i almost never write something or answer to questions

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
collusion in a freeroll? to win 10 bucks. i don,t think so. i mean the whole language thing sucks. but not a good reason to not play the site if you like it. i have played on poker.com for years and have never had this happen.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon Poker and Bogog the same? Carbon is on the merge network which is nothing like bodog graphically or any other way.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just downloaded Carbon, and it's a copy version of Bodog or visa versa. Don't know about the play yet! I'll getback with ya!
Carbon and Bodog are nothing alike, except for the fact that there's a table in the middle, and playing cards in front of you. Carbon is the same network (Merge Network, as Pothole said) as Poker.com, PokerNordica, ReeferPoker, etc. Bodog uses a completely different platform and is in no way affiliated with Carbon.

xBecca

xBecca

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
carbon copy

quote=Pothole;854424]Carbon Poker and Bogog the same? Carbon is on the merge network which is nothing like Bodog graphically or any other way.[/quote]
Carbon poker is a carbon copy of poker.com and wass poker reefer poker etc... they r all the same functionally and graphically all but the pot leaves on reefer lol love those leaves.. Stll the same just different names...

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 8
  • mj5.jpg
    mj5.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 8
  • th_2yply50.jpg
    th_2yply50.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 8
S

simpleman31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I misspoke on this thread or one similar that Carbon and Bodog were kinda the same... I meant Reefer. I can't get Reefer and Carbon to load up at the same time. I have to close one out to open the other. Sorry for confusing Bodog with Reefer!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like Carbon Poker but haven't deposited on it yet. I usually don't pay attention to the chat much. There does seem to be a lot of Romanians on there though. I usually have two to three on my table. But it doesn't bother me much.

Sounds like this reefer poker is the place to be though. I can take money from potheads and they'll just laugh and offer me some fritos!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mmmmmm.... I would love some!

BTW... I'll see your cheetos and raise you a dorito.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like Carbon Poker but haven't deposited on it yet. I usually don't pay attention to the chat much. There does seem to be a lot of Romanians on there though. I usually have two to three on my table. But it doesn't bother me much.

Sounds like this reefer poker is the place to be though. I can take money from potheads and they'll just laugh and offer me some fritos!

we have lots of potheads here at CC and they play in our buy in games , not only at carbon but PokerStars , ft ,bodog and Ultimatebet . don't see any of your usernames in your profile . I'll be happy to share my Frito's if you would like to join us in a few of the buy in games (they have good money added by the forum ) I'll go roll one and stock up on Frito's , hope to see you there :)

forgot my response to OP (stoned ) Kdog I agree they are probably not colluding at the table when it's to easy to do it on messenger and plus it's a freeroll with not much to gain .
you got great skills , get off the freaking freerolls and kick some butt in the real money games :)

Last edited: