Got the blues 'cause your government shut down your favorite poker site
? Afraid to deposit 'cause you're not sure if you will ever be able to cash out? Why not try freerolling a bankroll over at Carbon? You can still play there for the time being, and if you are never able to cash out, you've lost only your time. It's much better than donking around with play chips back at the sites under indictment!
Here's a guide on how to get started.
Freerolling a bankroll at Carbon is not so difficult. With a little time and tenacity, you will be playing real money games again in no time. Just follow these easy steps, and remember your Bankroll Management!
- PUBLIC FREEROLLS -- Carbon offers a $200 open-to-anyone freeroll every few hours. No limit hold 'em is the usual fare, but you can also find PL OMAHA and HORSE at certain times of the day. Also, in the past Carbon has offered some freerolls for satellite tickets to guaranteed tourneys. I do not see any of these freerolls listed today, however. Carbon freerolls allow for 5,000 players, but normally they have less registered.
- FUN STEPS --One of the coolest things about building a bankroll at Carbon is it's one of the only places I know where you get to play sit-and-go freerolls. These work just like the step tournaments you are used to at most poker sites. Win step 1, advance to step 2, win step 2, advance to step 3, win step 3 and you get a dollar! These are nice when you don't have time to play in a big freeroll as you can bank the tickets for a couple weeks. You can also play in many of these a day (8-12?), so take advantage!
- TWITTER/FACEBOOK -- Following/Friending Carbon on these social network sites is a good idea because they sometimes offer generous freerolls via this medium. The Twitter and Facebook freerolls are usually $500 and have around half the players of the daily $200 ones.
- CC FREEROLLS -- Cardschat has a weekly $100 freeroll at Carbon on Wednesdays which usually has less than 100 players. Come join the fun!
- OTHER PRIVATE FREEROLLS -- Many other forums, leagues and poker groups play on Carbon. With a little research, you can be playing private freerolls most every day of the week. Some of these offer smaller prizes than the CC freeroll, but have less players. And some offer tournament tickets as prizes, including tickets to the 50K guaranteed.
OK, I'm sorry to hear about you American's troubles playing poker. Hope to see a few of you at Carbon, even if you are not going to deposit, freerolling a bankroll there ain't so hard.