CAP NL tables

joeaugie

joeaugie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing exclusively at Cap NL tables at Full Tilt and keeping track of my stats through Poker Tracker. I was wondering if anyone else is doing this. I am noticing that my BB/100 is not very high though very much positive through 10k hands. Does having a Cap put a strain on your BB/100? (winrate?)
I realize there are a lot of different factors involved including sample size and BB/100 can fluxuate over time, but it seems to me that having a Cap would tend to limit your winrate. But on the flipside it also limits the downward swings.
Any thoughts on winrates at Cap tables is much appreciated.

Joe

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that would depend on your playing style, but in general I'd say that the deeper the stacks at the lower limits (where players are bad), the bigger the highest possible achievable winrate.

Your results may be indicative of you not adjusting properly in terms of full stacked vs capped, but as you mentioned you don't have all that big of a sample size so it could just be variance.

Capped games are basically like playing shortstacked. Search some articles on shortstacking, there are a few out there as it's a legit strategy although many people (myself included) hate playing against people who shortstack :)

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well since you are capped in how much each player can contribute per hand, of course it affects the theoretical max winrate.

Like Chuck, I don't play them. Not a short stacker. Love the deeper stacks.