Building my Bankroll--need a new strategy

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
So i decided to try something on pokerstars, and i've decided im going to try building a bankroll from 20.00. I know there are a plethora of bankroll building strategies out there, but as im sorta new to poker, I'm just playing to have fun and try to get the hang of things. Basically, I'm not sure what would be good limits to play. I know how you're supposed to have 20-30 times the stake but with only 20.00 im not sure what I can really play. Basically the whole goal is to make money, albeit its probably only gonna be pennies on the dollar, im just gonna see if i can not lose my roll. Whaddaya guys think?

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 SNGs and the $0.25 MTTs until you have $50 - then you can add the lowest ring games.

If you want to stick with SNGs, you can probably move up when you build to $100.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 tabling the .02-.04 limit tables at pokerstars might be a good option.

Having 500 big blinds, you should be fairly safe if you play a decent game

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 tabling the .02-.04 limit tables at pokerstars might be a good option.

Good call - I forgot that there are still sites that have limit games for less than .25/.50 ;)

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started my BR from 10$ (~800$ after month and a bit) and i initially played min buy in at micro limits. That to me was pretty pathetic and didn't seem to work that well so i started playing 50c SnGs then 1$ SnGs etc. Started to play NL20 cash games once i moved up a bit, then moved to 5$ SnGs-->10$-->20$, but i've now gone back to 10$ SnGs for a little while since i was making more in 10$ SnGs than at 20$.

Key is just to move stupidly slowly and realise it might take you along time to get to 100$, which is where you need to be before you can start playing anything above micro limit cash games/2 or 3$ SnGs (depends where you play).

Most places don't have 50c SnGs, so i was pretty lucky in regards to that.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most places don't have 50c SnGs, so i was pretty lucky in regards to that.

Where do you play the 50c SnGs and what is the pay out structure?

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management