Not open for further replies.
brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of bots on Full Tilt. Playing .05/.10 NLHE I have seen 2 today and 2 yesterday. I do enjoy taking their blinds.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And you know this because????

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And you know this because????

I guess it was possible they were human players but from today's example "bot 1" played 226 hands on 2 different tables I was on and in that time played 2 hands. Both times AA. Won one lost one.

"bot 2" I only saw on one table for 137 hands and played 0 hands. Worst bots ever.

Each table would raise the pot every time the "bot" players were big blind and they folded every time.

I guess there is the possibility that a real person was folding every hand 3 seconds after it was their turn to act, time after time.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not really know much about bots but I would imagine that it would be pretty clever to deign one which was actually successful. I am not suggesting that anybody does this I just think it must be a smart bit of programming.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never saw a bot. When so see one pm me where so I can see for myself.

T

turtlerox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do agree with the bots theory but i don't think they are indeed "bots" i was thinking,and i want to know your opinion that,do you think in the poker rooms there are so called players who are fed with money from the poker room and put to play at the tables ? especially high stakes?

W

wd021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha that is so crazy.. I never knew that bots existed in the world of online poker.. I hope to play one of these bots one day.. I would love to see the stats on how much bots win/lose.. I can't imagine they'd make any money once people figure out how they're programmed to play.

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like these bots (if they are truly bots) are in the development phase, so not really a threat. Perhaps, they are even an incentive to stay at the table.

But imagine a similar Bot after some tweaking that integrated a poker tracking program into its algorithm. I think if a smart enough programmer spent some time doing this, it would be rather easy to win money at the micro tables, considering you can win money at the micro tables over time by simply folding everything but monsters.

I hope the poker rooms are looking into ways to identify and ban bot accounts, because the problem could get much bigger in the near future.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FFS why would a bot be at 5c/10c

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FFS why would a bot be at 5c/10c

I can think of several reasons for Bots to play low level games.
  1. Quality of play is much worse at low levels. It is easier to win consistently over time when the play is bad. Players do not know or understand how to exploit weaknesses and tendencies at this level.
  2. Freeroll winnings galore. Many freeroll winners immediately sit down at low limit tables trying to become the next Chirs Moneymaker.
  3. Once you have designed a winning Bot, you still must avoid detection. This is probably easier at low limit games since players will be less likely to figure it out or complain about it, and the site will probably be less concerned than if it is winning at big money tables.
  4. Once you have designed a winning Bot, you can multi-table and also open several accounts through different internet connections. A Bot program could be winning around 3 dollars per 8 hour session 4-tabling (keep them to 8 hours for reason #3, avoiding detection. After all, real players must sleep, work, etc.) Now set up 100 acounts and you are bringing in $300 per day! 100 Bot accounts could be contrary to reason #3, however. But a programmer that can design a winning poker Bot can probably also mask this, but perhaps 10 accounts would be more realistic -- still $30 per day!
  5. The Bot is still being developed, perhaps with the ultimate goal of moving up in limits. Right now, it is not very good, but as the algorithm gets more sophisticated, it will move up in levels, if it turns out to be more profitable.
These are just a few that come to mind.

A

anytwocantyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol @ NL bot at 10nl. Mad money.

a bot will never work out at NL. Too many variables.

D

diemos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, too many variables, but it does equalize the Winning % of all not to mention technically any card it needs can come out, including runner runner.

U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well

I have never seen bots before. I guess you can not really tell if they are a bot or not. I do not think full tilt will put bots at the tables. It may be possible, but I think they make enough money with out putting bots out there already. I am going to do some searching to see if bots are actually playing on poker sites. Good article

tubur69

tubur69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played some games on full tilt never seen a player who acted as a "bot".Maybe it was someone's wife who was doing the dinner and playing in the same time + doing the kids homework...who knows?

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why are bots illegal but pt3 and other software programs are ok?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why are bots illegal but pt3 and other software programs are ok?

Um, because tracking programs just compile the statistics you are observing while playing, and bots play poker for someone.

I can see why you don't like tracking programs from observing your stats in CC games. I think I have your range pretty well narrowed down, of course I also have notes to that effect.

...or is that you would like bots to be legal?

Last edited:
B

braveboat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the previous poster. PT3 and other statistic compilers only organize information that is available to you. They don't help you to play better in and of themselves, but allow you to use the information they capture for you to play better, should you choose to use the info, and use it wisely.

Bots are cheating.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so your "bot" is datamining for you !?

i play like a bot anyway so i wouldnt mind having my own bot but then everyone else would get one too

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Researched quite a bit about bots recently. Serendipity posted a fairly good take on what goes on imo. The very serious bot owner goes the whole way, and earns some nice $$$, most likely 6 figure sums for the year. From what I learned, bot owners enjoy FTP very much. Bot owners/programmers probably spend more time on detection avoidance then anything else. It's mostly cat and mouse with the poker rooms and the bot owners in most cases, with rooms updating their software and bot owners doing the same thereafter. Happy days for the bot runners really.

brettstix

brettstix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have been doing a little looking on the net and found this.

http://www.winholdem.net/

Crazy. There is a whole community of botters. The lengths they go to so they can avoid detection is amazing. I am enjoying taking their money at this stage. Hopefully they stay poorly programmed for some time.

W

wd021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i actually came across a player the other day at the 0.02/0.05 cash game tables on full tilt who i thought was a bot. He was actually up around 8 dollars when people started to kind of figure out he was a bot and he left shortly after. I wonder if that was coincidence or if its part of the program of the bot.

U

umpinpa22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bots?

i'm not sure about the bot theory? but i've seen players obviously playing together to spilt pots ! they raise and reraise each other and hopefully they lure a 3rd party in usually when chat is on you question them or threaten to report them to support and they leave the table together! seen it a lot at full tilt at night gl to everyone at the tables! go penguins!:)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm not sure about the bot theory? but i've seen players obviously playing together to spilt pots ! they raise and reraise each other and hopefully they lure a 3rd party in usually when chat is on you question them or threaten to report them to support and they leave the table together! seen it a lot at full tilt at night gl to everyone at the tables! go penguins!:)
That is collusion, and you need to report that whenever you see it. Bots are not a theory - they definitely exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.