Status
Not open for further replies.
narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog apparently does not have enough servers to handle the hi traffic volume on saturday afternoons. The last 2 weeks I have repeatedly been timed before even seeing my cards. It is NOT my connection or computer as I have checked and can play normally on Tilt or Stats. Has anyone else experienced this?

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drives me nutty sometimes. In fact it is just about the only thing that Tilts me. Nothing like have the nuts and haveing your hand folded. Sometimes hitting the enter button will clear the problem, but often times it won't.

I seem to have connection problems with FT as well but have an excellent connection. I am wondering how much of a draw it is on the servers to run "support" software, importing hand histories. I have a feeling, no hard proof, that it is when I am playing against others, running these supplemental tracking programs, is when I have the most connection trouble.

Just a hunch...

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been on BD since 11-06, never had a server problem. Always fast interface and no lag. The only time I ever had a server problem was at a hotel when I was using their wireless connection and that was their fault I would guess. At home with a hardwire connection, never had an issue.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could be the number of users in my area are putting a drain on the network that I use. Or I have an old computer (5 years). When I first started playing at Bodog, I never had any disconnection problems, loved it! Maybe it is time to reimage my computer...

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Today was the first time i encountered this problem, But it only happened the one time. As it turned out that was when I had KQ suited.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I emailed bodog support complaining about the slow saturday response and received the following:
In regards to the lag you are experiencing, our Bodog Poker software is created and optimized to work with Windows XP and VISTA. It is continually updated by our development team to ensure that it works with the latest technology. It would be helpful to know what type of configuration you have on your computer, as well as the operating system. We ask that you forward us a copy of your System information. If so, please run "MSinfo32" by entering this command at Start - Run. Once System Information window is open, please click on File menu and select Save. Once you save the file, please attach this in a .Zip or .Rar file format if you can and forward it to us.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you very much for writing. Should you have any questions, or require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

[/FONT]

I followed their instructions and emailed my system info. I will report any further developments.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm using all the latest specs and am finding the new look extremely laggy, especially when cards/board are dealt. I miss the old Bodog.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog support sent the following response to my complaint about the lag.

We appreciate you forwarding us a screenshot copy of your system information. We will gladly look into this
and get back to you with an update. In terms of the connectivity lag issues you were referring, if you have a router connected you may also want to open port 7997 by configuring your router and enable the Port Forwarding. This applies to DSL Modem gateways and Wireless Routers. You may also try bypassing your Router if you wish to test the connection further. This way, we will be able to determine and eliminate one of the possible variables that could cause interference on your connectivity while playing Bodog Poker. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us at the number below. To ensure your system performance, please click on the link below for few more suggestions from the Microsoft site:

Please keep in mind that it is possible for a player to be disconnected from our servers, but still be able to connect to a browser such as Internet Explorer. Online poker is played in real time and millions of bits of information must be passed back and forth instantaneously; therefore, the Internet connection must be very strong. Viewing a web page, however, does not require sharing information so the connection can be weak and still work. Between your computer and our servers, our messages go through several hops/routers (often in the dozens, all over the world). If at any of these stops there is a technical issue or a spike, this can cause a disconnection with the game server. Thus, the software will recognize you as being disconnected from the tournament and will automatically fold you until your return.

I have no clue.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I lost a few blinds that day as well. Pretty sickening, to say the least.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nov 22 7am est. Experiencing big lag again. Playing on Full tilt w normal fast response at same time. I don't think there is a lot of traffic at this time. I do NOT understand this at all.

scruffy mojo

scruffy mojo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh yea, they have network issues, you can test the network status and mine is always bad no matter where i am at in vegas, puerto rico or cally it doesn't matter and i'm on cable or dsl, the lag shows up at the worst times, been auto folded aleast a dozen times and i sitting there stick on stupid waiting for a player to act and it is me...recently had aa and flopped 3 aces and was auto folded....during the day seems to be the worst..

R

Richie766

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on BD and never have any problems. Could you all be needed new video cards or something? Maybe a faster net? I dunno, just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada