Bodog Brand to leave US Market/MMGG to Retain US Customers

physiotherapist

physiotherapist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I guess the time has come, Bodog and I are breaking up. I will be uninstalling it tonight.:(
I was so disappointed to read this first thing this morning. They too, are turning their backs on the US.
We have until the end of the year, but I am just going to get rid of it now.

http://calvinayre.com/2011/07/26/business/bodog-brand-to-leave-us-market/

OMG ... feel so sad for US players
can anyone explain it for me why they are going to bann US players like othersites???
what is the reason?

palmerd2

palmerd2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
noooo..I just deposited on there yesterday! poop.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG ... feel so sad for US players
can anyone explain it for me why they are going to bann US players like othersites???
what is the reason?
From what I got from the article, and I am sure Becky will come in and correct me if I am wrong, they are very successful across the lake, and don't want any negativity that could reflect on them and hurt business. (this of course is my quick way of explaining it.)

Oh Palmer, I wouldn't worry, they will be available untill 12/31 and they are a very reputable site. You can build and withdaw upon the closing date.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh Palmer, I wouldn't worry, they will be available untill 12/31 and they are a very reputable site. You can build and withdaw upon the closing date.

dont take this the wrong way, PF, but can you guarantee this? To say what you said (in bold) is a very bold move, can you back this up. If the FBI are after Bodog they will hit the company before it closes out the US players. i would say withdraw most of your BR from Bodog, and only leave enough to play, safer that way if the sh*t hits the fan.

I

iggysdady

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will mean the end of the Bodog era in the US but Morris Mohawk Gaming has been operating the brand in the US Market for the past 5 years so other than a name change it should be business as usual for US punters.

sounds like they are just changing the name.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont take this the wrong way, PF, but can you guarantee this? To say what you said (in bold) is a very bold move, can you back this up. If the FBI are after Bodog they will hit the company before it closes out the US players. i would say withdraw most of your BR from Bodog, and only leave enough to play, safer that way if the sh*t hits the fan.

She is not guaranteeing it - just making a statement based on their history and reputation. They plan on being successful in the rest of the world so it would make no sense for them to go out of this market without taking care of the US customers. If they had bad intentions there would not have been a 5 month notice.

So it is relatively safe to assume your money will be safe there is all she is saying. I personally plan on making a small deposit there to play in Cardschat games.

Most smart US players don't have large bankrolls at any poker site anymore. We have lost enough from FT - and some form UB/AB.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing I am going to take the wrong way is you calling me PF, instead of MLB;)
And what Dakota said, they would not give notice and the FBI is not after them. The are 100%owned by native americans, who are not held to the same laws. It is when they break from them at the end of the year, they are changing things.
They have always been a very reputable site, and what is great is that you can simply call their customer service and they help with any issue.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most smart US players don't have large bankrolls at any poker site anymore. We have lost enough from FT - and some form UB/AB.

Me 2 and I'm canuck. Prob is I hold most online in Instadenit and Moneybookers etc... When are feds going after online money exchanges?

The are 100%owned by native americans, who are not held to the same laws. It is when they break from them at the end of the year, they are changing things.
They have always been a very reputable site, and what is great is that you can simply call their customer service and they help with any issue.

Err.. not really... owned by Mohawks who are Native Mohawks (LOL) in Kahnawake, near Montreal. Even better eh?

The rest u said is right on. Remember when the Dog banned canucks? Lasted for a few years. I could not get my roll out (well, actually, I was playing as Chevy Chase from Maryland but they found out I was canuck when I called to complain about their interface and they laughed and shut me down), but then they allowed us back in when Calvin sold out to the Mohawks, and my roll was still there. Great site, and one of the highest Player to Flop percentages around (fishy fishy)...

Ooops OK now I read the article... if I were US I would be worried, because the UK Gaming Commission is serious about keeping US players off (some or all??) its licensed sites, such as Titan and 888. :eek: :confused: Why? Don't forget US and UK are old war buddies...

Last edited:
KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing I am going to take the wrong way is you calling me PF, instead of MLB;)
And what Dakota said, they would not give notice and the FBI is not after them. The are 100%owned by native americans, who are not held to the same laws. It is when they break from them at the end of the year, they are changing things.
ok fair enough MLB!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Err.. not really... owned by Mohawks who are Native Mohawks (LOL) in Kahnawake, near Montreal. Even better eh?
I meant to say Native North Americans, I am still to crushed to really type right, lol

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I got from the article, and I am sure Becky will come in and correct me if I am wrong, they are very successful across the lake, and don't want any negativity that could reflect on them and hurt business. (this of course is my quick way of explaining it.)

Hey guys,

This decision was made because of the UK license- Bodog Brand wants to detach the UK gaming license from any US exposure. MMGG (the US facing bodog brand licensee) has a lot of experience with the US market and will continue to offer services to US players, just under a new name. MMGG is rebranding, that's it!

Becky

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so sad.. I was beginning to love bodog.

Question: Is this for the whole site? The sports gambling would also be restricted too, right?

palmerd2

palmerd2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Becky,

Forgive me if I am being naive. Will we as US Players still have an option to play under a different brand? In other words, after MMGG changes their brand name, will the new brand offer a US friendly site?

Thanks,
David

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

This decision was made because of the UK license- Bodog Brand wants to detach the UK gaming license from any US exposure. MMGG (the US facing bodog brand licensee) has a lot of experience with the US market and will continue to offer services to US players, just under a new name. MMGG is rebranding, that's it!

Becky

Now I'm really confused. If I am reading this correctly, Bodog will continue to be accessible to US players but won't be called Bodog anymore? And, as such, the name change will occur on 12/31? And everything else will remain the same? We will still be playing in the same games with non-US folks, etc?

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see the risks outweigh the income from the US market. The US government took down the largest sites, why would it be as difficult to get the rest? The biggest remaining site will always have the bullseye on it. If they continue with US business the site will be smaller and temporary. I am sure Bodog do not want to jeopardize their entire operation. I have accepted the fact that since Oct. 2006 online poker would diminish and finally disappear for the US and nothing that has happened in the last five years has convinced me to change my opinion.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And will the CC games still be on there?

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So BoDog will be BoDog...just called something else?

Hey guys,

Becky
So they are just going into other markets and taking the name BoDog with them? They will operate and migrate after the year to a new name but will it play same?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Becky

Becky, you know we love you, but that`s the least clear clarification I have read in a long time. :D

Does that mean that US players can continue to play after 2011, but in a different poker room from the players in the "free" world ?

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now I'm really confused. If I am reading this correctly, Bodog will continue to be accessible to US players but won't be called Bodog anymore? And, as such, the name change will occur on 12/31? And everything else will remain the same? We will still be playing in the same games with non-US folks, etc?

So they are just going into other markets and taking the name BoDog with them? They will operate and migrate after the year to a new name but will it play same?

Becky, you know we love you, but that`s the least clear clarification I have read in a long time. :D
Does that mean that US players can continue to play after 2011, but in a different poker room from the players in the "free" world ?

GMTA :)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great Minds Think Alike.

Which I guess explains why Egon didn't get it... :p

/runs

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the heads up on the info. at least they are handling it the right way and giving everyone a comfortable time line to withdraw.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada