Bankroll Managment Question

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is everyones opinion on bankroll management when it comes to satellites. I haven't played many rebuys or Satellites before so I took a stab at what seems to be an easy one. the Daily Fifty Grand 5+50 R Tourney. Anyways it worked out well and I won after only rebuying once at the beginning I spent 11 dollars which is within my BR management and now I am wondering If i Should Play the Daily Fifty Grand which looks like a lot of fun or take the money out and save it since 55 bucks would be well out of my Bankroll rules. What is everyones opinion?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The choice is yours. You can take the $55 and add to your bankroll or play the tourney since the cost to play is within your bankroll because of the satellite win.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well technically you shouldn't be playing if it's out of your BRM rules.

Similar to Caro's tip, "money you don't lose buys just as many things as money you've won", ie yes you could say you're only risking your initial investment, but you're missing out on more money if you play and lose.

Hard to put in words, not sure if I'm making sense.

Anyways it comes down to how comfortable you'd be playing the bigger tourney, how likely you would be to actually cash/win it, and how much the money means to you.

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well technically you shouldn't be playing if it's out of your BRM rules.

Similar to Caro's tip, "money you don't lose buys just as many things as money you've won", ie yes you could say you're only risking your initial investment, but you're missing out on more money if you play and lose.

Hard to put in words, not sure if I'm making sense.

Anyways it comes down to how comfortable you'd be playing the bigger tourney, how likely you would be to actually cash/win it, and how much the money means to you.
yeah thanks for the advice. Well I have already increased my bankroll by 10% today so it would be a winning day anyway and would also be fun playing in a prety big tournament So i think I might take a shot at it to see what its like. So Everyone, Wish me luck and ill prolly make a rail page on it if i get anywhere. Hopefully it will be fun playing a 11 dollar buyin with a 50k plus prize pool yet < 2000 people ha ha

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management