Bankroll Management Question

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again I am just testing this myth (so far I'm not broke so it must have some merit) and i have a new question about bankroll management. I have read quite a few articles on bankroll management, but i have never seen an any reference to heads up sit n go's is it pretty much the same 'don't use more than 5% of your BR' (taken from Chris Ferguson) or do you need more because a few fast losses can hurt you bad

i have built my BR from the 135$ last discussed to 180$ and really haven't done anything too bad to it like i usually do lately

Currently I play the beginner sit n gos at bodog and have just moved up to the 8$ buy in but sometimes i throw in a 2$ game to multi table a little.Also I have played 5 heads up games with a 5+.25 buy-in and have won 4 of them. Either they are soft or my heads up play is better than i believe it is.

What I'm really looking for here is advice and tips. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if everything is straight. I've actually started taking a bit of pride in being able to conserve a bankroll through those days I'm playing bad and getting outdrawn rather than turning to roulette for some quick money.

Also I am thinking about getting poker tracker... but I'm not sure if it works on Bodog/Windows Vista. Thank you

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT does not work w BD (tournaments).

Not super sure, but general wisdom would be that you need more br for HU play, as the variance (could) be higher (?); I seem to remember having read this recently...

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any thing else besides poker tracker i could use then? Sit n Go's and MTT's are all i really play

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management