Anyone here play at bodog?

S

stonezblues

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on pokerstars but I've been taking it in the ass lately with an above average number of strange beats.

I'm looking at a couple different places and don't know anyone that's used bodog and I was wondering how the site is.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

W

wcastrey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i started at fulltilt after also getting serious bad beats , and only recently joined bodog, so far i have increased my bank roll 10 times. a lot of fish!

S

stonezblues

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You play mtt's, sit n' goes, or cash games?

K4Lic0

K4Lic0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the switch from PS to Bodog a few months ago. I really like Bodog, it's my #1 room.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do NOT move to Bodog if you already have a roll on stars. there's really no point. Game selection is moot, payouts are terrible, no transfers, etc. Pokerstars is not the cause of your beats, so don't switch to a sub par site because of it.

S

stonezblues

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do NOT move to Bodog if you already have a roll on stars. there's really no point. Game selection is moot, payouts are terrible, no transfers, etc. Pokerstars is not the cause of your beats, so don't switch to a sub par site because of it.

You got a good point. Thanks for talking some sense into me.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog is a very underrated site, i like the software and everything...especially the sports book, calvin ayre did a fine job there!!

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not saying it's a bad site (I played there for a while) but if you already have a roll at a better one there's no point in switching. ESPECIALLY under the false pretenses that you won't receive as many bad beats.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats a good point emperor, and actually im about to try out pokerstars too, im making my deposit tomorrow :)

StackPowers

StackPowers

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog

Bad beats happen all over online poker. It's strange because online players will play any two cards. Bodog is second rate compared to poker stars. You can enter much larger payout tourns than at bodog. Dont want to sound like a conspiracty theorist but, I seem to loose a lot of hands after flopping the winner on bodog. plus I've seen more bad beats there than anywhere else. so thumbsdown to bodog. I will never play there again. And thhis is after several healthy cashouts from the site. so thumbsdown to the dog. dont go get bodogged.

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play pot limit omaha everyday at Bodog and Fulltilt. I play at the 25 and 50 cent big blind levels. I play some holdem also at both sites. Generally speaking the games at bodog have higher see the flop percentages in both games. I have won considerably more at bodog. The big negative at Bodog is the software which is poor compared to other major sites. I use the name weidtnose at bodog. Come play. Good luck

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deposits are a snap at Bodog. However, if you want to take money out, be prepared to give them ALL of your financial information. They say it is to protect you from credit card abuse. Taking it is OK but there may be a problem with giving it back? What a joke.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog

Ive played at bodog since party poker closed to the U.S a few years ago. I dont know if it's the site or my play has improved but ive now been able to build a bank roll and have cashed several times. I think there is lots of sports betters playing there just to be able to put money on games and thus some weak players. The only negative I think is the number of players and the time you have to wait to have certain sit n gos fill up. For example I like to play in a Tournament builder sit n go where the winner wins tournament dollars to be used at the MTT. Sometimes this sit n go can take a while to fill up depending on the day and time. But as a whole I like it, theyre quick to answer your questions and depositing money is easy too. Hope this helped.

K

Khaosk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm going to start playing at Bodog. They have this New Players Invitational Tournament where if you get first they match you up to $100 and give you 109 tourny credits, as well as a subscription to Card Player's magazine. I got 2nd but 1st backed out so now I get his bonuses. Not a bad deal.

K

Khaosk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing Bodog and there's a lot of donkeys. The bad news? I've down about twelve bucks. I've been outdrawn on EVERY SINGLE big hand. It doesn't help that I'm playing over my bankroll (Bodogs smallest rooms are $10). The last few hours have been the single most frustrating poker experience of my life. I won't blame Bodog though. The software's pretty good.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm...

imo, i kinda dislike the present Bodog software. Lots of glitch in the software. The tables displays are ok but the lobby is just bad.

just some personal experience, hope you guys wont mind.

Yumboltking

Yumboltking

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like bodog. Never deposited a dime and current bank over $250. Best freerolls I have found online.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada