Any difference between $1 and $5 SNG's

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not that i've seen. just a bunch of donks with a bit more money, and i'm usually one of them.

RJB-7

RJB-7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, One costs more to enter than the other :D

Oh aint i funny!!:eek:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You will see a little difference, the danger is in thinking you are going to see some difference when you get down to the final 4 or 5 players, cause you won't. You can't find a buy in level that doesn't have donks, which is a good thing, but you can find levels & games where they stand out & can be identified & exploited. Happy hunting.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally only noticed difference in the play from 10$-->20$ SnGs. And that difference is mainly that players are alot tighter so you still have alot of players when the blinds are fairly high. But i haven't played many 20$ SnGs, so there might actaully not be that much of a difference. Ofc it depends where you play.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its been awhile since ive played a $1 S&G but from what I remember the competition is a little better at the $5 level. Pretty much everyone at your table in a $1 is a super loose over aggressive donkey. In the $5 S&Gs theres usually atleast a couple decent players at the table.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I agree with the above about the $5 sng's that the play is tighter which indicates better players.

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for those who replied, thanks for the input

T

Toad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On PS I think there is bit of a difference.

On the $1 tables you will usually have about half the people on the table who are bad players (maniacs, calling stations, etc). On the $5 tables maybe 1 or 2.

Once the initial bad players are out then its pretty much the same...

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, the only real difference is the buy-in and the players are slightly more patient. I'm playing a $5 right now and the table has been full of suckouts(I got one myself lol)

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no difference

I see no difference between $1 up to $10. I play them all the same and I feel that others do too. The difference I've noted is in hopping to $20. That's when us donks can't compete and my bankroll starts down, so I return to the lower buyins.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 - average 7 donks at a table
$5 - average 5 donks at a table

something like that, anyway.

C

csaba07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Players are tighter in $10 SnG or above.