Add ons`

J

jansue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any of you when (playing the freerolls with add on), tell yourself that your NOT going to add more money if you lose and actually stick to it?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if im playing a rebuy/add-on tourny u must tell urself that u have to add-on
no matter how big ur stack is the extra chips always come in handy
sometimes i say i wont add-on but i always do :)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a twist;

I just did a late registration thing, got there 3 minutes before the break, Bought in, found myself in a hand went all in, meanwhile I'm doing a rebuy, I win the hand and it's break time, where I add on.

I find myself then in 85th place out of 230 or so at the break. Total cost ,85 cents. (.25+.10 + rebuy +add on).

After the break the cards get crazy and I get to top spot and stay for 30 minutes or so. Finished 11th, made 3x investment.

Moral of the story is that if you aren't ready to rebuy and add on, don't bother with these type of tourneys. The play before the break is so wacko, you will either get caught up in the wackoness, or get totally discouraged.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a twist;

I just did a late registration thing, got there 3 minutes before the break, Bought in, found myself in a hand went all in, meanwhile I'm doing a rebuy, I win the hand and it's break time, where I add on.

I find myself then in 85th place out of 230 or so at the break. Total cost ,85 cents. (.25+.10 + rebuy +add on).

After the break the cards get crazy and I get to top spot and stay for 30 minutes or so. Finished 11th, made 3x investment.

Moral of the story is that if you aren't ready to rebuy and add on, don't bother with these type of tourneys. The play before the break is so wacko, you will either get caught up in the wackoness, or get totally discouraged.
if dj adds-on everyone should add-on

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your not going to add-on, play a freezeout tourny

J

jansue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, sometimes I like to play those just to test myself ,to see if I can last very long. I feel like if I can keep adding on every time I get knocked out ,whats the point of playing good poker.Playing the best cards I can.And if I get knocked out, then so be it. Hope that makes sense. Yes the freeze-outs are fun, basically the same way. The tournament are for alot more money.:)

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do any of you when (playing the freerolls with add on), tell yourself that your NOT going to add more money if you lose and actually stick to it?

If you are going to be a long term successful Poker Player and/or Gambler, you MUST stick to your initial limitations you put on yourself.

If you say you will not rebuy....You have to have the fortitude to stick with your plans (especially when it comes to bankroll plans) whatever they are.

So much of Poker is making a plan and sticking to it (of course, then amending the plan as you see things need to be changed).