Absolute Poker & Ultimate Bet Partnership. Is UB unsafe also?

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure we're all doubting all of our poker clients now, now that the Absolute Poker Scandal is blown wide open.

But the most immediate client to be doubtful about, I think, may be Ultimate Bet.

If you don't know, Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet are in a partnership, where users from both clients are able to transfer cash to and fro both websites.

Can we assume that Ultimatebet is capable of what Absolute Poker has done?

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think we should "assume" anything. Someone pointed out in another thread that UB was had different operating standards and staff. I'm not sure this is the best time to start insinuating guilt by association.

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ultimate is not unsafe, its just a horrible site, thats all.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From another thread...

...there's no evidence linking anyone at Ultimatebet to the Absolute Poker affair at present. Absolute Poker and Ultimatebet run totally separate software and are ran by different staff.

If anything comes to light, it would obviously have to be considered, but I consider it highly unlikely that UB had any involvement, as at the rate information is leaking about the AP affair it would have come out by now.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love UB. The software and gameplay is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is the points-earning/bonus system they have.

As far as the relation to the AP issue: The guy who is now being investigated is a former AP CEO who is only familiar with the AP software. I doubt there's any "superusers" on UB.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I transferred my AP money to UB - somehow feels safer there and the transfer was free, quick and painless. I did leave $14 in AP - so will either try to get it to another $50 or transfer it to my sister.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
People instantly assume that because they are owned by the same company that they may be linked but I'm fairly certain it's all run pretty seperate. Also note that this whole 'superuser' theory roots back to a very early userID, possibly coded, created and implemented before the site was even released to the public. The UB creators are a very different set of people to the AP ones.

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UBet is definitely still safe. I would suggest for all AP users to move all their funds to Ultimate Bet as their first plan of action. Withdrawling your money via cash is going to be a huge hassle right now. Absolute was already awful at dealing with cashouts but it is going to be awful right now. I wouldn't risk waiting 6-8 weeks for a check or not getting one at all. Transfer your funds ASAP.

It took them almost two days to move my funds from AP to UB so I can see it going even slower as more light and information continues to be shed about this scandal.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had no problem making a withdrawal at AP. It was for about $150.00 and it happened at the speed of light. No, I don't like the site and the crap they pulled.

P

Playmaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Withdrew some Money from Absolute about a MOnth ago and yes it did come Quick but I guess they better have Fast Payouts in Light of what happened over there

T

thebest24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
absolute poker scandal

awhat is the absolute poker scandal

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
awhat is the absolute poker scandal

Very long story. Bottom line is that it was proven, and admitted to, that some players pulled some BS and it was at least unethical.

Winner of a big tourney was disqualified.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure we're all doubting all of our poker clients now, now that the Absolute Poker Scandal is blown wide open.

But the most immediate client to be doubtful about, I think, may be Ultimate Bet.

If you don't know, Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet are in a partnership, where users from both clients are able to transfer cash to and fro both websites.

Can we assume that Ultimatebet is capable of what Absolute Poker has done?

honestly i dont think you have to worry about it....depending on what levels you play at i doubt that someone is cheating at .25/.50 $ or 1/2$.......ussually the higher limit tourney buyins and cash game is where someone would cheat

Safe Poker Sites