AA sucks!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today in the PokerAfterDark round 2 game the cards did not come. The only pairs I got in 150 hands, were AA twice. That was odd in itself. The first AA I folded when the turn and action convinced me a str8 was out there, which was proved correct. The last time was when the flop was 233, and there was a raise, which I reraised, and she put me all in. She showed A3 and I was toast.

I don't think I played it badly, nor did I play the tourney badly, I made no stupid moves. I got in trouble early when my AKQ98 flush got beat by quad aces, but it was not a killer, just put me in a weakened position where I might have tightened up too much, and for someone already playing tight, tightening up gets pretty uncomfortable.

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you even raise big pre-flop?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard 3x raise. I was first bettor.

To continue in this thread, I got into a giveaway, and first hand got AA in the sb, waited for someone to pot it, which they did, then I called, along with 5 others.

Somebody filled a str8, and I was out first hand. I woulda posted but FT apparently is not sending giveaway hh's anymore.

AA sucks !!!!

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can deal me A/A every hand if you want...I would take it. Depending on one's skill level A/A will win anywhere ffrom 80 to 90% of the time.
Mines about 83% over 20,000 hands.

It's just that you always remember the beats you take with A/A and generally you always have more money or chips in the pot with these hands.
Give me A/A anytime

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ya know, stuff happens, but most of my losses with pocket A's are a result of my getting cute instead of getting a good sized bet in. Don't know about you but they bother me because even while I am slowplaying them i am saying to myself , don't do this dummy. lol.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I know, this is just one of those days when the stuff seems piled extra high! My KK just got busted on the river.

LMAO

For the most part I don't slow play AA anymore. But I also don't generally risk all in pf with AA unless its a freeroll. The giveaway was a freeroll....

G

gobigred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
damn AA is always hard to fold..

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right now i can definitly give a amen to that i had pocket aces in free roll about 30k went all in guy with 40-45k stack calls pocket 7s got rivered

M

Marwicks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree aa sucks mines just got busted by 2 3 off honestly it feels like i could puke, worst thing is the guy is trying to say he played good poker when he called my all in with a gutshot straight draw!! with just the river to come and he hits it! i honestly hate poker sometimes..

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just remebemer AA is still just 1 pair. a great hand but easily beaten

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree aa sucks mines just got busted by 2 3 off honestly it feels like i could puke, worst thing is the guy is trying to say he played good poker when he called my all in with a gutshot straight draw!! with just the river to come and he hits it! i honestly hate poker sometimes..
If you had bet you aces hard preflop then Mr23os wouldn't have been in the hand

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deep thought.........

AA is only a pair of ones!

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with its only a pair, read my thread SET IT UP!! TEN MAN SNG's

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting this thread got revived, as I'm the one who started it.

Yesterday I got my AA cracked. But it was the first cracking of my Aces in 21 trys. Meaning I got 20 AA and they all held up. That run started big, when my AA met AA on the board for quads.

Overall though, I don't feel like I am close to the 80% of the time AA should stand up. 65% maybe.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get past the first 200,000 hands losing with AA, I will have the 20% losing part behind me. The next 800,000 hands when I get to MY 80% favorite end will be nothing short of AWESOME... :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got AA cracked today during a $22+2 SNG when opponent rivers a set of Qs. Opponent raises, I make standard reraise, he reraises back, I push, call.

So close.

Oh well.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya know, stuff happens, but most of my losses with pocket A's are a result of my getting cute instead of getting a good sized bet in. Don't know about you but they bother me because even while I am slowplaying them i am saying to myself , don't do this dummy. lol.

They are the best starting hand in holdem, and that's all. They are useful for winning small pots and losing big ones (Doyle Brunson). Preflop is the only time you KNOW they're good, that's the time too play them big. A standard 3 bet from first position just isn't gonna drive enough people out, esp. in a freeroll, and the % of the time they'll stand up decreases every time another opponent gets into the pot.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are the best starting hand in holdem, and that's all. They are useful for winning small pots and losing big ones (Doyle Brunson).

i thought ungar said that?

anyway

doyle also said he would rather have AK pre flop because it is a much easier hand to realease when you know you are beat
he said that in the first super system...havnt read the 2nd yet

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought ungar said that?

anyway

doyle also said he would rather have AK pre flop because it is a much easier hand to realease when you know you are beat
he said that in the first super system...havnt read the 2nd yet

b runson was an idiot for a statement like tht

T

thielcats

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is only one pair lol.....how often does one pair win a pot?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
average hand in a 9 handed game is 2 pair

so not a lot

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Any Pair is a made hand Pre-Flop, and A-K is only 2 cards connected..and not a hand at all.

...And how often does A-high w/no pairs win? See that often enough!

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm???

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mmmmm

You know, I can't even remember the last time I lost a hand with AA. Maybe you are not thinking positively enough :D:D:D

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The 1 in 7 times it flops a third A, the 1 in 2 times the other person doesn't pair at all, the 1 in 5 times the opponent doesn't improve to two pair+ etc...