$26 Satellite token

S

sta123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got lucky in a full tilt 50 FTPs satellite token freeroll and won one, my question is what should I use it for? A MTT or a SnG?

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a few smaller SAGs would be your best bet to turn it into something significant.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a few smaller SAGs would be your best bet to turn it into something significant.

Unfortunately the tokens don't work that way - you can only use them for a $24 tourney.

Either choice would be ok, but I would pick the format that you have had success with. Understand that with both of them, the odds are against you, and you will quite likely finish out of the money, no different than if you had a single buy-in to either a SNG or MTT.

These are really stage 1 of a 3-stage structure, so you could also enter a $26 SNG satellite for a $75 token. The $75 SNG stage 3 tourneys pay out cash to the winners.

I personally like the MTT format - I've had good results with the $4K HORSE and also the NLHE Double-stack Guarantees.

Good luck :)

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh then go for the big one I say. MTT!

(Stars you get T$ and can spend them anywhere as long as its a tournament)

lightning36

lightning36

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some nice tournaments you can enter for a $26 token -- the double stack $32,000, $28,000, and $24,000 for instance. All these usually have over 1,000 entrants, but the payoff is sweet if you go to the end.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can get tournament money on FT to, but if you wanna go even bigger do what i did and play a 26$ sat to the sunday million!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well today it was a million, sometimes its the 750k it all depends, but it def. changes from time to time.

D

DREW0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to full tilt and have 3 $75 tokens. Some of you seem familiar with this system. I have emailed support but as of yet gotten no reply. Is it possible to convert these tokens to smaller amounts or to tournament dollars? Maybe some one here knows.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well there is an option, in the cshier it is green it says "convert T$' try that and see if it lets you.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well there is an option, in the cshier it is green it says "convert T$' try that and see if it lets you.

Nope - not the same thing.

A $75 token is only good for entry into a $69+6 tournament, you can choose either a scheduled MTT or a Tier-3 SNG. They also have some FTOPS satellites you can use them in.

Whenever you win an entry into a tournament via satellite and unregister, the entry is credited back as T$ (which you can then use for all or part of another tournament entry, but not at ring games). If you want to convert it to cash, you use the "convert T$" button, which has a 5% transaction fee associated with it.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i didnt know for sure i was jsut telling him to try it, because i have never tried before

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to full tilt and have 3 $75 tokens. Some of you seem familiar with this system. I have emailed support but as of yet gotten no reply. Is it possible to convert these tokens to smaller amounts or to tournament dollars? Maybe some one here knows.

You're new and already have 3 tokens? How/why, if you don't know about using them?

They were fairly quick about replying to my inquiry of the same question. Nope, I had to use it for a $69+6 buyin.

Use them for whatever you feel most comfortable with. I used mine in a 1 table SnG and got some cash for the 300 FTPoint investment.

D

DREW0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info I got and email from support and you are right I can only use the for 69+6 games.

AS for the how and why. I was playing some different games in order to get familiar with the software and the mechanics of the site. I won a $26 dollar token and entered a 24+2 game where I won a $75 token. I was the easiest game I had ever played and the payout structure looked good;out of 18 people 6 get paid, 5 $75 tokens and 6th placed gets $57.

To make this short I continued to play them and from my original $500 I now have $477 and 4 $75 tokens, I had five but I used 1 on a 35k 700 person tourney which I didn't cash in. I guess I will try to use them in smaller 69+6 sngs. Anyway thanks for the info.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are doing well in the 18 player SNGs, why not try the same format of Tier3? The $75 token entry pays $216 in tournament dollars to the top 5, and $162 cash to the 6th place finish.

You're doing (and it sounds like succeeding with) exactly what those tokens are really designed for - a steps program to reasonably easy T$.

You can then use the T$ to enter more of the lower tiers, other tournaments, or convert them to cash by paying the 5% conversion fee.

Poker Tells