10 cent MTT on FT

T

Tugboat Complex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got knocked out of it. Out of 3500 I took 77th, not bad considering the odds. I had MANY bad beats and I almost had a few heart attacks. I only got 2.08 in cash but it was a good experience over all. I had to rebuy twice in the beginning then ended up taking down some big pots. A few more bad beats after that and I was down to 5,000 in chips with the average being somewhere around 25,000. Came back up to 70,000 then took 4 or 5 more bad beats. I feel like I played a good game and I stuck to my original game plan. I played fairly tight through most of it until it came down to about 100, then I opened a bit and started playing the secondary hands.

One bad beat in particular really had me steaming. I had pocket J's and flopped the set. I bet 4x's the BB to have my opponent call. I felt like I had the nuts so I put in some min bets of 3,000 and it came down to the river, which was a Q. For some reason I checked and my opponent rivered the straight on me. I kept my composure and didn't tilt but I just couldn't stay alive.

That was my first big tournament playing real money and like I said, it was a good experience.

Vhyre

Vhyre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ANY money in one of those is a good finish. Well done!